Dates:February 3rd-February 28th, 2019 (25 days)
Orientation Starts: Sunday February 3rd 2019
Departure: February 27th, 2019
- Daily Ashtanga Vinyasa sessions( intermediate & primary series)
- Receive the advance Pranayama certificate taught and signed by BNS Iyengar
- Traditional Indian Philosophy, 8 Limbs- Patanjali Sutras
- 300 teacher training in Ashtanga Vinyasa
- Traditional Mantra, Nidra & Meditation and Pranayama sessions
- Applied Yoga Anatomy classes
- Koshas, Chakras, Subtle Energetic body, Kundalini discussions
- 24 nights’ lodging, lunch, snacks, tea
- Intermediate Pranayama, Philosophy & Mudra certification by BNS Iyengar
- Beginner ( 1 -2 year practice)
The maximum participants in the group is 11.
Instruction language: English
Our training venue-shala is next door to the students apartments. They are standard single rooms with shared kitchen, bathroom, patio, laundry facilities, chill -out area / eating area. All of the apartments have a security guard, self service kitchens, stove, laundry facilities and typical kitchen supplies for simple cooking. Variety of grocery stores, markets and restaurants nearby. The famous Mysore Palace is within walking distance.
Subject to small changes
- 06:00 – 08:00 Ashtanga Vinyasa -primary and intermediate series
- 08:00 – 09:00 Break
- 09:00 – 10:00 Meditation, Mantra
- 10:00 – 11:00 Adjustment, Alignment, Modifications
- 11:00 – 12:00 Pranayama, Mudra
- 12:00 – 13:00 Anatomy, Physiology
- 13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break
- 14:30 – 15:30 8 Limbs, Ethics, Philosophy
- 15:30-16:30 Students Practice Teaching, How to design sequences
- 16:30 – 17:30 Meditation or gentle Asana
- 17:30-18:30 Meal/ Rest
- 18:30 -19:30 Satsung
- 19:30-20:30 Yoga Nidra
ABOUT BNS IYENGAR
For any student who is sincerely interested in going much deeper with their Ashtanga Vinyasa practice and learning all of the ancient Philosophies and interconnected practices such as Pranayama, Meditation, Asana, Mudra and Mantras etc., Guruji BNS Iyengar is a rare gem. His teacher was Krishnamacharya also known as the Father of Modern Yoga and widely regarded as one of the most influential yoga teachers of the 20th century. BNS Iyengar is the oldest living teacher and final link to the pure Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga lineage. He carries an authenticity that comes with his age, background, and lifelong dedication to yoga and his students. Even in his senior years he continues to conduct his 6 daily classes with dedication, humour, cheerfulness and MUCH inspiration that will activate you positively and leave a long lasting imprint of revelation and insight to the nuances of the Ashtanga Vinyasa system for years to come.
Time Magazine recently mentioned BNS Iyengar as one of the last and most esteemed yoga teachers living today and the Guardian magazine mentioned the Ashtanga teacher training with BNS Iyengar in Mysore as top best places in the world to take the teacher training and to study the Ashtanga Vinyasa tradition.
This retreat will take place in Mysore, Karnataka, South India.
You will be provided with a tasty daily meal of Western &/or Indian vegan or vegetarian meals
The following meals are included:
- Lunch (except rest days-Sundays)
- Tea time & Snacks
Things to do (Optional)
- A visit to a local ashram
- A visit to traditional market and restaurants
- An organic ayurvedic farm
- Temples visit
- Mysore Palace
- A visit to a sacred temple for Tibetan bowl sound healing
- Visit Mysore Palace
Optional Reiki attunement outside the schedule. Please let us know if you are interested.
- 25 days accommodation
- YA 300 Hr Certification+Training
- Signed Certificate+Training in Pranayama, Mudra and Philosophy-BNS Iyengar
- Classes on adjustments, anatomy+ Bio Mechanics, massage, Vinyasa sequencing, teaching for beginners & injury prevention and teaching methodology
- Course PDF materials and 3 important yoga Ebooks
- Daily asana, meditations & pranayama practices and traditional Sanskrit chanting
- Daily Satvic lunch, snacks, tea
- Evening Yoga Nidra Meditation practice and how to teach it.
- Variety of Meditations, chakra cleansing kryas
- Indian philosophy, 8 Limbs of Ashtanga, Sutras and Mudra classes
- Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga lessons in a surreal traditional Mysore environment and much MORE!
What’s not included
- Optional excursions
- Transportation costs
- Extra meals outside daily lunch
How to get there
Arrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Bangalore Airport (VOBG) and arrange your Indian visitor visa as soon as possible to avoid delayed arrival of visa. We can arrange a shared ride-driver to pick you up at the airport arrivals in Bangalore. Please confirm with us your flight# and arrival time 7-5 days in advance. Recommended to arrive in the early morning of the 2nd or 3rd for a day of rest and preparation for the intensive training.
Positive Career Outlook for Yoga Instructors:
According to CNN, yoga teachers with 6 years of experience, earn an average of $62K/year, and yoga teaching is ranked as the #10 most desirable job in the United States. Many graduates are able to earn back their tuition in three-to-six months of teaching and then have a skill set that serves them for life.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics states that from 2014 until 2024 yoga instructors will continue to be in demand and this trend is expected to increase by at least 8% job growth for the next ten years.
-EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT –
Shared room: $ 2199 USD
Tuition increases at least $100 3 months prior
25 Days 300-Hour Yoga TTC with BNS Iyengar in Mysore, India
To register $ 400 USD deposit is required
25 Days 300-Hour Yoga TTC with BNS Iyengar in Mysore, India. Deposit